“Passport” is an official document, issued by competent authority on behalf of a sovereign nation state, certifying the holders identity and nationality, & authorizing the holder to travel abroad
Passport application forms are available at Regional Passport Offices.
They are also available at http://passport.nic.in
- Fresh Passport ( 36 pages ) of 10 years validity- Rs. 1,000
- Fresh Passport ( 60 pages ) of 10 years validity – Rs. 1,500
- Fresh Passport for Minors ( Below 15 years of Age ) of 5 years validity – Rs.600 (Cash either by Bank Draft in favor of the Passport Office or in Cash. In case of D.D. full name of the applicant and application number to be written on the reverse of the draft.)
A complaint should be lodged in the concerned local police station and thereafter, an application for a new passport should be submitted.
The verification procedure takes about 3 weeks from the receipt of the application.
- Attach two copies of each of the following documents:
- Applicant’s Ration Card or any of the following documents.
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Bank Account Passbook
- Election Card
- Letter from the Society on letterhead
- NOC from the department if applicant is a Government servant
- Proof of date of birth : School leaving certificate / Birth certificate
- Citizenship documents (If applicant is citizen of India by registration or naturalization)
- If the applicant does not reside on the present address for the last one year, an additional set of personal particulars form for each additional place of residence is required
- Colour Photographs (frontal view)
- Two photographs are required for verification at the local police station
Attach following additional documents :
A woman applying for the first time for a passport in her married name or for change of name/surname in the existing passport on account of marriage should furnish:
Divorcees applying for change of name or deletion of spouse’s name in existing passport must furnish
Re-married applicants applying for a change of name/spouse’s name should furnish :
- People going abroad in managerial capacity and possessing specialized degrees in their respective fields
- All Gazetted Government servants
- All Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax Payees) in their individual capacity. I.T. assessment orders issued by Income-Tax Dept. for last three years be submitted along with application for passport. If assessment order is not issued, copies of Income Tax Return stamped by Income Tax authority can be accepted
- All professional degree holders, such as doctors holding M.B.B.S. degree in Ayurveda or Homoeopathy, accredited Journalists, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates etc
- Spouses and dependent children up to the age of 24 years are listed from (b) to (d)
- All persons who have been staying abroad for more than 3 years
- Seamen who are in possession of CDC or C cadets
- All holders of Diplomatic/Official passports
- Dependent children of parents whose passports are classified as E.C.N.R. until they attain 24 years of age
- Persons holding permanent Immigrant Visas
- Persons holding Graduate or higher degrees
- Persons holding 3 years diploma equivalent to degrees.
- Nurses possessing qualifications recognized under the Indian Nursing Council Act-1947
- All persons above the age of 60 years Note- No emigration clearance is required for visiting Bangladesh, Pakistan and all countries of Europe (Excluding C.I.S. States ), North America, Australia, Japan and New Zealand
- No emigration clearance is required for persons possessing certificate of Vocational Training from the Government/ Government recognized institutions
VISA refers to an endorsement (writing or branding) on the passport, made by competent authority of a nation State, allowing entry to the passport holder into another country. VISA is necessary for entry into another country.